Blog Archive

Monday 13 September 2010

Metal Flower Mini Class





Metal Flower Mini Class

I was inspired by some flowers that Leandra of Paper Artsy had done but I didn't have the different products & tools that she had so I kind of made my own version & this is how I did it :

1. I used punches to cut out the flower shapes, 2 different sizes. (you could use punches of butterflies or similar !)
I punched out flowers in both thin sheet metal (from 10 second studios, available at artist trading post of course lol )& also out of card.




2. Next I glued the metal flowers to the cardboard ones, this meant that I could curl the petals without them being too flexible so that I could use them on a project without them flattening out again or getting crushed.



3.Once they were dry I used my cuttlebug & embossing folders to give them a more textured look.



4. I then alcohol inked them, layered up some of them, curled the petals & added brads ... voila metal flowers ready for your altered art projects, cards or layouts.

3 comments:

  1. Such a brilliant simple idea, thanks soooo much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - and am going to give this a try!
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have shown your creativity through your post. Thanks for sharing this to your readers.

    online college degree

    ReplyDelete